This quarantine has really amp’d up my vegan cooking and baking skills no doubt! I have had so much time to experiment, ya know, isolation and all. Over the weekend I tried out my first ever spiced banana nut muffins (thanks to help from Michaela), but twisting it to be my own! They actually came out so delicious, and way better than I expected. This recipe is dairy free, egg free & can be nut free as well!
You Will Need:
- 3-4 very RIPE bananas (the more freckly/ brown the better)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder/mix
- 1/3 cup of sugar (I used pure cane sugar!)
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Nuts of choice (I used pumpkin spiced seasoned walnuts to add a good spice! Don’t have spiced walnuts? Try cinnamon!)
- Optional: Honey (depending on how you feel about it in relation to veganism!)
- Optional: Cute little muffin paper tins!
- Allergic to nuts? Replace with another ingredient or omit completely.
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Combine your dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and set aside
- Combine your wet ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- Mash your bananas with a fork in another bowl! (lots of dishes, sorry everyone!!)
- If you’re using walnuts, or other nuts, crush them up super tiny!
- Combine wet ingredients and your mashed bananas to your dry ingredients
- DO NOT OVER MIX!!! (I made this mistake on my first attempt). Mix until there are no flour streaks. Lumps are okay and totally normal. Overmixing could ruin your batter and your muffins!
- After mixing, toss in your nuts or other ingredients you’re adding to give it your own twist. The pumpkin spice walnuts gave my muffins a perfect spice. Don’t have spiced walnuts? You can always add cinnamon!
- Time to either oil your muffin pan or place in your cute muffin tins!
- Scoop batter into each muffin hole (is that what it’s called….?); Try to only fill about 3/4 of the way.
- ** I added crushed walnuts to the top of my muffins for extra crunch, but you don’t have to if you don’t want to!
- **Adding honey? Add it before you bake them in the oven!
- Place in oven and bake for about 40 minutes. Each oven is different, so periodically do the toothpick or knife test! If it comes out clean, then your muffins are probably good to go 🙂
- Let cool for 10 minutes, or until pan is cooled off.
Note: Don’t freak out if muffins don’t rise super high like normal (I deff freaked out)! But my little baby muffins tasted so good!
That’s it! A cute breakfast treat you made all by yourself! ❤
Support My Dream!
Donations can help pay the bills and keep this cute website up and running! Love you guys so much ❤ ❤ !!!